• Silver Proof £2 release marking the Armistice centenary
• Strictly limited to just 2,500 coins – 500 less than the previous £2 issue
• Featuring a line from Wilfred Owen’s poem “Strange Meeting” about life on the Front Line
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a stunning Proof finish
• Limited numbers available at issue price
Why I recommend the UK First World War Armistice £2 Silver Piedfort Coin…
2018 marked the centenary of the First World War Armistice. To honour the occasion The Royal Mint released a brand new £2 coin. The edition limit surprised me though.
It was given an exceptionally strict edition limit of just 2,500 coins. That’s 500 less than the RAF £2 coins released in the same year.
In fact, I hadn't seen an edition limit this low on a UK Silver Piedfort £2 since the Jane Austen Issue. With all due respect to Jane Austen, the two themes can’t possibly compare in terms of importance and appeal to collectors.
I have a limited number available at The Royal Mint issue price.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2018 WWI Centenary Silver Piedfort £2
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 110G 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 24g
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Metal: Inner - .925 Silver, Outer - .925 Silver with Fine Gold Plating
- Limited Edition Presentation: 2,500
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Poem by Wilfred Owen
- Denomination: £2
- Finish: Proof
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2018