• Scarce double-thickness version of the official UK Silver Proof 50p marking the life of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, focusing on his famous creation Sherlock Holmes
• Limited to just 2,500 coins in official limited edition presentation
• That’s less than half the individual edition limit for the standard Silver Proof 50p issue
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2019 Sherlock Holmes Silver Proof 50p Piedfort Coin…
This brand new UK 50p has been issued to mark the life and achievements of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, focusing on his iconic detective Sherlock Holmes™. It follows hot on the heels of the UK Silver Proof Stephen Hawking 50p that sold out inside 12 hours.
This, the scarce double-thickness “Piedfort” version could be heading the same way because The Royal Mint has limited it to just 2,500 individual coins. That’s less than half the 6,000 issued for the standard Silver Proof Sherlock Holmes 50p, so a quick sell-out looks assured.
Judging by the love the public has for Sherlock Holmes, it could be just hours again. Especially when you factor in the exceptional design, which features a silhouette of Holmes alongside some of his most famous story titles.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2019 Sherlock Holmes Silver Piedfort 50p
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 124W 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Denomination: 50p
- Metal: .925 Sterling Silver
- Weight: 16.00g
- Diameter: 27.30mm
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Stephen Raw
- Edition Limit: 2,500