• Official UK Silver Proof £2 release commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day
• Limited to just 5,000 coins
• That’s almost 90% lower than the 40,000 Silver Proof coins issued for the 50th anniversary in 1994
• Struck in Proof from Sterling Silver
Why I recommend the 75th Anniversary of D-Day UK Silver Proof £2 Coin…
This year marks the 75th Anniversary of arguably Britain’s most important military action – D-Day. On 6 June 1944, over 6,000 boats, 10,000 planes and 150,000 men successfully secured a foothold on the coast of France - the beginning of the end of WWII.
To commemorate this historic event, The Royal Mint has authorised this brand new Silver Proof £2, but they have limited it to just 5,000 individual coins. That’s just an eighth of the 40,000 Silver Proof coins issued for the 50th anniversary in 1994, meaning just over 10% of collectors who bought that coin can own this one. A fast sell-out seems certain.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2019 D-Day 75th Anniversary £2 Silver Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 135A 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Metal: Sterling Silver with Selective Fine Gold Plating
- Weight: 12g
- Diameter: 28.40mm
- Obverse Artist: Jody Clark
- Reverse Artist: Stephen Taylor
- Edition Limit: 5,000
- Finish: Proof