• Brand new 2018 release of the Gold Guinea – 279 years since the last one
• Issued by the iconic East India Company
• Struck to a stunning Brilliant Uncirculated finish from pure 24 Carat Gold
• Unusual £1.05 denomination (21 shillings), which was fixed in 1717
Why I recommend The East India Company 2018 Gold Guinea...
A legendary symbol of Britain’s wealth, power and prestige, the Guinea is one of the world’s greatest gold currencies since it was first introduced in 1663.
For 10 years from 1729, Guineas were struck using gold supplied by The East India Company and bore the initials “EIC” under the King’s portrait. As The EIC’s official currency, it became Britain’s first truly international coin, being used by nations of traders as they explored the new world of the East. Just as the Sovereign reigned at home, the Guinea dominated the Golden Age of the Colonies.
Now, on authorisation of The East India Company, the Gold Bullion Guinea has been reissued for the first time in 279 years.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The East India Company 2017 Gold BU One Guinea
(+ £4.99 p&p)
185 150F 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: St Helena
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Metal: 24 Carat Gold
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
- Weight: 8.0g
- Diameter: 24mm
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: Shield