• Struck by The Royal Mint to commemorate Her Majesty’s 90th Birthday as she becamethe first monarch to reach this milestone
• Struck from Sterling Silver to a stunning proof finish
• Limited to a maximum mintage of 9,000 coins – not enough for an occasion of such importance
• Features an original design on the reverse inspired by Her Majesty’s love of flowers and approved The Queen herself
• The design incorporates nine roses – one for each decade of The Queen’s life
• Sold out at the mint - we have limited stock available
Why I recommend the Official Queen's 90th Birthday UK £5 Silver Proof Coin…
Specially struck by The Royal Mint to commemorate Her Majesty’s 90th Birthday as she became the first monarch to reach this milestone, this one-off issue is struck from Sterling Silver to a stunning proof finish.
Limited to just 9,000 coins
Limited to a maximum mintage of 9,000 coins, a quick sell out was always likely as the edition limit seemed light for an occasion of this importance.
And now they are no longer available from the Mint, making this coin a real coup for your collection.
With Her Majesty’s 90th birthday being such a huge event, this coin will become iconic in years to come.
The coin itself features an original design on the reverse inspired by Her Majesty’s love of flowers and approved The Queen herself.
It also features Her Majesty’s age in the form of the number “90”. Whilst it seems an obvious inclusion as part of a 90th Birthday design, including The Queen’s age on the coin was actually a controversial move.
The designer said ‘I thought it was important to have the 90 prominently on the coin, but I was told it raised a few eyebrows at the palace. Apparently it’s not the done thing pointing out the Queen’s age but I think in this case it was absolutely necessary and the point was taken. I am told the design was submitted to the Queen and she passed it.’
Order now to avoid disappointment
We have secured a small number of these special coins. They are housed in an official Royal Mint polished black case.
Don’t miss your chance to add one to your collection.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK Queen's 90th Birthday Silver Proof £5 Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 294V 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Metal: 925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark
- Reverse: 9 roses design
- Edition Limit: 9,000
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom