• The official Team GB™ coin of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games held in 2021
• Initially due to be launched in 2020, but delayed because of the pandemic, the coin carries both dates – 2020 and 2021
• Limited to just 5,500, it SOLD OUT in a flash
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish and featuring the Team GB™ logo in full colour
• Olympic 50p coins are incredibly popular with collectors after the huge demand for London 2021 coins
Why I recommend the Team GB™ Tokyo 2021 UK Silver Proof 50p Coin…
This is the official Team GB™ coin of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games held in 2021. Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, collectors had to wait a whole year for this coin, surely making it the most anticipated 50p release ever.
That’s one of the reasons it sold out in a flash, but perhaps the biggest factor was the unique quirk on the coin caused by the delay in release. This is a UK coin with two distinct dates on it – 2021 on the obverse to indicate the year of issue and 2020 on the reverse for the original date of the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Couple these factors with the vast number of Olympic 50p collectors, which kick-started the 50p collecting phenomenon in 2012 and you have one of the most collectable 50p coins ever issued.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Team GB Tokyo 2021 UK Silver Proof 50p Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 367G 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: 925 Silver
- Diameter: 27.30mm
- Weight: 8.00g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: David Knapton
- Finish: Proof
- Maximum Coin Mintage: 5,510
- Limited Edition Presentation: 5,500