• New UK Silver £5 release celebrating the reign of King George III as we mark the 200th anniversary of his death
• Limited to just 2,500 coins, meaning the edition limit has been cut in half from the last UK Royalty Silver £5 coin
• The first time King George III has appeared on modern UK coinage
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish with a stunning design
Why I recommend the 2020 UK King George III Silver Proof £5 Coin…
The Royal Mint has just released the new official UK Silver Proof £5 coin in a tribute to Britain’s longest reigning king – George III. Issued to mark the 200th anniversary of his passing, the coin looks set for an exceptionally fast sell-out.
That’s because just 2,500 have been authorised in Limited Edition Presentation Packaging – half of the last UK Silver Proof Royalty coin, issued for Queen Victoria last year.
It’s the first time George III has featured on modern UK coinage and looks simply stunning. In short, The Royal Mint has created an instant classic that won’t be available for long.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2020 King George III Silver Proof £5 Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 402E 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Denomination: £5
- Finish: Proof
- Limited Edition: 2,500