• Official UK Silver Proof 50p honouring Charles Babbage 150 years after his passing
• Part of the “Innovation in Science” series that started with Stephen Hawking
• The Hawking 50p sold out 5,500 coins within hours of launch
• This new coin is limited to just 3,500 in limited edition packaging
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2021 Charles Babbage Silver Proof 50p Coin…
This brand new UK 50p has been issued to mark the life and remarkable achievements of Charles Babbage. He was a revolutionary inventor and mathematician, famous for developing the concept of a digital programmable computer – back in the 1800s.
It’s an exceptional looking coin and a fitting tribute, linking his machinery to the digital age, but the main reason for my excitement revolves around what happened a couple of years ago. You see this is part of the UK’s “Innovation in Science” series. The first, a Stephen Hawking Silver Proof 50p sold out 5,500 coins within a couple of hours.
This new Charles Babbage 50p has been limited to just 3,500 in limited edition packaging. At 2,000 less than Hawking, an instant sell-out seems inevitable.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2021 Charles Babbage Silver Proof 50p
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 467C 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Coin Diameter: 27.3mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Nigel Tudman and Jas Bhamra
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 3,500
- Maximum Coin Mintage: 4,000