• The official Australian Silver Dollar marking the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria
• Featuring a portrait of Victoria never seen on UK coinage
• Limited to just 5,000 pieces and very few of these will make it to the UK
• Struck from one ounce of Pure 99.99% Silver to a perfect Proof finish
Why I recommend the Australia 2019 Silver Proof Queen Victoria $1 coin…
Queen Victoria reigned for a record-breaking 63 years. In that time, her portrait was changed on UK coinage twice – from the Young Head to the Jubilee Head and then again to the Old Head. But there’s another portrait that the UK never saw…
It was issued exclusively for Australian coinage and has a distinctly Australian feel, with a sprig of banksia (an Australian plant) in a young Victoria’s hair. It didn’t take long for The Royal Mint to put an end to the special portrait though, with Australia forced to mimic the exact design of British coinage from 1871.
This pure silver coin marking the 200th anniversary of Victoria’s birth gives UK collectors the rare chance of seeing the “secret” portrait, but it’s strictly limited to 5,000, so please be quick.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Australia 2019 Queen Victoria 1oz Silver Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 476V 9
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Australia
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 40.60mm
- Coin Weight: 1oz
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Aleysha Howarth
- Metal: 99.99 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 5,000