• A set of 6 real trial pieces from The Royal Canadian Mint’s R&D Lab
• Showcasing up-and-coming minting innovations, including hidden text, raised and incuse design elements and tri-metal technology
• Limited to just 10,000 sets and the majority of these will stay in Canada
• Struck in steel, with brass, nickel and copper plating on some tokens
Why I recommend the 2018 Canada Research & Development Test Set…
The Royal Canadian Mint has pulled back the curtain to show how they are striving for innovative new minting techniques, with this first-of-its-kind set of trial pieces from their R&D Lab.
This six-token set showcases up-and-coming minting innovations, with all six tokens being test specimens that come direct from the Royal Canadian Mint's R&D facility, where each one was used in laboratory testing.
Hidden micro text, raised elements or patented tri-metal technology, each token is a first-hand look at some of the special features that we could see on coins in the future. It’s a fascinating set for anyone with even a slight interest in coins.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2018 Canada R&D Security Test Token Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 490K 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Metal: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart (steel); Leaf 1 (nickel plated steel); Leaf
- 2 (brass plated steel), Tri-Metal (steel, brass plated steel, nickel plated
- steel, copper plated steel - composition patented)
- Weight: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart, Leaf 1 & 2 (4.4g); Tri-Metal (7.62g)
- Diameter: Moose, Caribou, Pie-chart, Leaf 1 & 2 (23.88mm); Tri-Metal (24.65mm
- Condition: new
- Mintage: 10,000
- Packaging: sealed in Mylar with graphic envelope. Tent card with coin
- specifications, special note from Chief Technology Officer at the Royal
- Canadian Mint