• Silver Proof £2 release celebrating 100 years of the RAF
• Limited to just 7,500 coins
• Featuring one of the Royal Air Force’s most iconic aircraft – the Sea King
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a stunning Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2018 RAF Sea King Silver Proof £2 coin…
This year marks the Centenary of the RAF. To honour the occasion The Royal Mint has announced a series of brand new £2 coins, with the RAF’s greatest aircraft being immortalised – in this case, the Sea King Helicopter, which Prince William served on.
The coins will enter general circulation later this year, but The Royal Mint has also announced the release of extra-special Silver Proof versions of the coin for serious collectors.
And it has been given a strict edition limit of just 7,500 coins. That seems low to me for such an important anniversary and such a stunning design.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2018 RAF Sea King Silver Proof £2
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 599P 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 12g
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Metal: Inner - .925 Silver, Outer - .925 Silver with Fine Gold Plating
- Limited Edition Presentation: 7,500
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Richard and Neil Talbot
- Denomination: £2
- Finish: Proof
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2018