• The official UK Silver Proof £5 coin issued to commemorate Prince Philip
• Philip approved the design himself
• Just 6,000 coins in limited edition packaging authorised
• More than 1,500 less than the last UK Silver Proof £5
• Struck from Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the 2021 UK Prince Philip Silver Proof £5 Coin…
Prince Philip passed away on 9 April. The Royal Mint has done something remarkable to celebrate his life by releasing this coin just 11 weeks later. But then Prince Philip was a remarkable man who led a remarkable life.
He even made sure that the coin was right before his passing by personally approving the portrait appearing on the reverse. Perhaps he was saving Her Majesty the pain as this is surely the coin she wishes she’d never see issued.
The unexpected addition to the UK’s coin releases is strictly limited, with just 6,000 issued individually. I expect a quick sell-out.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2021 Prince Philip £5 Silver Proof Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 644P 9
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Coin Diameter: 38.61mm
- Coin Weight: 28.28g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Metal: .925 Sterling Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 6,000