• Completely SOLD OUT at the Mint in just two hours
• Official UK Silver Proof 50p marking the life of Stephen Hawking
• Never had a 50p been issued so quickly to commemorate the life of someone
• Never to be released into general circulation
• Just 5,500 official limited edition presentations were authorised and this could be your only chance to secure one
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
Why I recommend the UK 2019 Stephen Hawking Silver Proof 50p Coin…
This UK 50p was issued to mark the life and remarkable achievements of Stephen Hawking. As you can see, the designer achieved the impossible and managed to fit a black hole onto the surface of a 50p coin.
It’s an exceptional looking coin and a fitting tribute, but it’s the speed at which this coin was issued after Hawking’s death that made it sell out so quickly. Only Churchill, Princess Diana and the Queen Mother have had coins issued to commemorate them so quickly and they were all on £5 coins. This is a first for a 50p.
Just 5,500 official limited edition presentation Silver Proof 50p coins were authorised and they completely SOLD OUT in just 2 hours. Now only very limited stock remains.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2019 Stephen Hawking Silver Proof 50p
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 755U 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 27.30mm
- Coin Weight: 8.00g
- Obverse: QE II by Jody Clark
- Reverse: Edwina Ellis
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 5,500