• Official UK Silver Proof 50p marking the 20th anniversary of The Gruffalo®
• Limited to 25,000 in official Limited Edition Presentation packaging
• All 25,000 sold out on launch day morning, becoming the fastest selling 50p in history
• Struck in Sterling Silver to a Proof finish
• Strictly limited numbers available
Why I recommend the UK 2019 Gruffalo® Silver Proof 50p Coin…
When the whole edition limit of the official Limited Edition Presentation Gruffalo® Silver Proof 50p coin sold out on the morning of 19 February, it became the fastest selling 50p coin in history. Those 25,000 coins sold inside 12 hours.
It’s a continuation of the 50p collecting phenomenon started in 2016 when The Royal Mint issued 15,000 Peter Rabbit Silver 50p coins. They sold out in a matter of days. But that was only the beginning.
The Peter Rabbit Silver 50p coins have gone on to sell out in each of the last 3 years and then, late last year, The Royal Mint issued the Silver Proof Snowman 50p. 15,000 sold out in LESS THAN 24 hours.
Now The Gruffalo® has broken that record. I only have limited stock, so don’t miss your chance to own the fastest selling 50p in history.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2019 The Gruffalo 50p Silver Proof
(+ £0.00 p&p)
185 773F 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £0.00 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Diameter: 27.30mm
- Weight: 8g
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark
- Reverse: The Gruffalo by Magic Light Pictures
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver, Sterling Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 25,000