Is there a mistake on this UK Silver Proof £2?
• Official UK Silver Proof £2 release commemorating the 75th anniversary of the passing of HG Wells
• Limited to just 1,575 coins individually
• The design features nods to The Time Machine, The Invisible Man and The War of the Worlds
• Struck in Proof from Sterling Silver
Why I recommend the UK HG Wells Silver Proof £2 Coin…
Last year marked the 75th Anniversary of the passing of HG Wells, the author that defined a genre with his famous science fiction novels like The Time Machine, The Invisible Man and The War of the Worlds. To commemorate his legacy, The Royal Mint authorised this Silver Proof £2, but I think they made a mistake…
The design features a tripod from The War of the Worlds, but it seems to be a tripod with 4 legs! Mistakes like this often elevate coins to be something remarkable in the collecting world, so this could become very collectable in the future.
I have very limited stock available.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2021 H.G. Wells Silver Proof £2 Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 859J 0
Maximum quantity: 3
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Coin diameter: 28.40mm
- Coin weight: 12g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Chris Costello
- Metal: Inner: .925 Silver, Outer: .925 Silver with fine gold-plating
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 1,575