• Own the last four US circulating Silver Half Dollars in one collection
• Spanning 1892 to 1964, these coins trace decades of American history, including big events like the Wright Brothers’ first flight, two World Wars, the Great Depression, the Space Race and JFK’s assassination
• Millions of these coins were melted down for their bullion value in 1979
• Struck from Sterling Silver
Why I recommend the US 20th Century Silver Half Dollar Collection…
The last American Silver Half Dollar was issued 55 years ago. Until 1964, America’s Half Dollars were struck from silver, but due to the rising cost of silver, they completely disappeared from circulation. Then, in 1979, millions were melted when the silver price skyrocketed, leaving relatively few for collectors.
The collection starts over 100 years ago with the Barber Half Dollar. Then there’s one of America’s most beautiful coins – the Walking Liberty Half Dollar, the Franklin Half Dollar, which features the Liberty Bell and, finally, the Kennedy Half Dollar – the last Silver Half Dollar made for circulation, struck just weeks after the assassination of JFK.
These coins witnessed some of the biggest events in US, even world history, spanning 8 decades of circulation. That’s why I call it “The American History Collection”.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The American History Silver Half Dollar Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 924A 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Years of Issue: 1892-1915 (B), 1916-1947 (WL), 1948-1963 (F), 1964-Present (K)
- Country of Issue: United States
- Metal: .900 Silver (each)
- Diameter: 30.6mm (B, WL, F), 30.61mm (Kennedy)
- Weight: 12.5g (each)