• The Great Seal of Canada issued on a coin for the very first time to mark the 150th anniversary of the Confederation of Canada
• The very first coin to feature both selective gold plating and ultra-high relief engraving
• Expertly struck in Pure Silver to a pristine Proof finish
• Just 9 available
Why I recommend The 2017 Great Seal of Canada Silver Proof Coin…
The Great Seal signifies the formal sanction of the Crown – Her Majesty’s influence as Canada’s reigning monarch.
It is used on the nation’s most important documents and was reproduced on a coin for the first time during Canada’s 150th birthday year in 2017.
The coin itself pairs up gold plating with ultra-high relief engraving for the first time, bringing the Great Seal out of the coin.
Just 6,000 were issued and they are long since unavailable. We have just 9 left.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2017 Great Seal of Canada Silver Proof Coin
(+ £3.99 p&p)
185 977T 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Weight: 30.76g
- Diameter: 36mm
- Metal: 99.99% Silver with Selective Gold Plating
- Denomination: $25
- Finish: Proof
- Mintage: 6,000
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II (Susanna Blunt)
- Reverse: Great Seal of Canada (Eric Aldwinckle)