• The brand new 2022 issue of the UK Gold Proof Sovereign
• Featuring a complete reverse design change for the first time in a decade to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee
• Limited to just 10,500 coins – a complete sell-out was announced 24 hours after launch
• A stunning Royal Coat of Arms replaces Pistrucci’s George & the Dragon design
• Design change Sovereigns are hugely collectable and command high prices
Why I recommend the 2022 Gold Proof Sovereign…
The last 7 UK Proof Sovereigns have sold out their entire edition limits, but the 2022 Proof Sovereign sold out faster than any before it because it features the first complete reverse design change for a decade.
We have seen complete reverse design changes just 4 times during Her Majesty’s near 70 year reign – in 1989 for the 500th anniversary of the Sovereign, in 2005 for a modern interpretation of St George and the Dragon and then in 2002 and 2012 for Her Majesty’s Golden and Diamond Jubilees. The “design change” Sovereigns become instant classics.
The 2022 Sovereign – struck with a Royal Coat of Arms to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee must be the most collectable of all.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK 2022 Gold Proof Sovereign
Price on application
185 HLE2 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2022
- Coin Diameter: 22.05mm
- Coin Weight: 7.98g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Timothy Noad
- Metal: 916.7 Gold
- Finish: Proof
- Edition limit: 10,500