• Scarce Gold Proof £5 collection issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day
• 3 ultra-collectable Guernsey £5 coins depicting key moments from D-Day
• Strictly limited to just 75 collections
• Over 25 times scarcer than the UK Gold Proof coin issued in 1994 for the 50th anniversary
• All struck from 31g of Pure 24 Carat Gold to a flawless Proof finish
Why I recommend The 75th Anniversary of D-Day Gold Proof £5 Collection…
The official coins issued to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day have just been announced and this Gold Proof £5 collection is the connoisseur’s choice.
Three Pure Gold £5 coins commemorate the Normandy Landings, with the assault on Utah and Omaha beaches depicted, US 82nd Airborne dropping into Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Operation Mallard with 250 gliders escorted by RAF fighters bring reinforcements for the 6th British Airborne division. These events were pivotal in the Allies’ push to victory during the Second World War.
What makes this so special though is the ultra-strict edition limit. Just 75 are to be issued. Rewind 25 years to the 50th anniversary of D-Day and The Royal Mint released 2,000 gold proof coins.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The D-Day 75th Anniversary Gold Proof £5 Set
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 U495 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Guernsey
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Metal: 999/1000 Gold
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 31.10g
- Denomination: Five Pounds
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 75
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Reverse: Michael Guilfoyle