• A stunning 1oz Pure Gold reproduction of Canada’s first gold coin - one of the scarcest Sovereigns ever issued
• Strictly limited to just 500 pieces worldwide, making it even scarcer than the original
• Struck from the purest gold possible, weighing and measuring considerably more than the original 1908 Sovereign
• Featuring the scarcely seen portrait of King Edward VII
Why I recommend the 2018 Canadian Gold Proof 1908 Tribute Sovereign…
The 1908 Ottawa Sovereign is a mythical coin. Just 633 were struck, being the first ever gold coin struck by The Royal Canadian Mint.
To honour that landmark coin, the Mint has just announced this stunning tribute piece. It’s a true replica of the original design, right up to the rarely seen portrait of King Edward VII on the obverse and Pistrucci’s George and Dragon design on the reverse.
But this coin has been struck in the purest gold possible – 99.999% - a minting feat exclusive to Canada. This coin is 4 times the weight of the original Sovereign and considerably larger. An edition limit of 500 means that it is even rarer than the mythical coin of 1908.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
2018 RCM Gold Proof 1908 Tribute Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 U908 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Metal: 99.999% Gold
- Edition Limit: 500
- Weight: 31.16g
- Diameter: 30mm
- Finish: Proof
- Denomination: $200
- Obverse: King Edward VII effigy by George W. DeSaulles
- Reverse: Benedetto Pistrucci