• A special 150th anniversary of Canada’s first coinage struck specifically for the Canadian market
• Just 850 sets issued – a sell-out was achieved instantly
• 7 available for CPM clients – out of the only 20 to come into Britain
• Includes double-size, Pure Silver Proof versions of the original coins
Why I recommend the 2020 First Coinage of Canada Silver Proof Set…
The Royal Canadian Mint issued just 850 of these Silver Proof Sets celebrating the 150th anniversary of the first Canadian coinage as a special project in Canada. They all went to a Canadian coin dealer, meaning all but a few collectors will never even know these exist.
But I was able to bring 20 into the country thanks to my connections in Canada, meaning that you can be just one of twenty people in Britain to own this fascinating set. But i have just a handful left.
All four denominations issued back in 1870 have been lovingly reproduced, but with each coin being double the original size and struck to a perfect Proof finish from 99.99% Pure Silver.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
Canada 2020 Canada's First National Coinage Silver Proof Coin Set
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 V264 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Metal: 99.99% Silver
- Diameter: 65.25mm (50 cents), 50mm (25 cents), 38mm (10 cents), 34mm (5 cents)
- Weight: 156.6g/5oz (50 cents), 62.69g/2oz (25 cents), 31.39g/1oz (10 cents),
- 15.87g/ 1/2oz (5 cents)
- Finish:: Proof
- Reverse: Denomination and Maple Leaf Wreath by Leonard C. Wyon
- Obverse: Queen Victoria 'Laureate Head' (10 cents, 5 cents),
- Queen Victoria 'Diademed Head' (50 cents, 25 cents) by Leonard C. Wyon
- Mintage: 850