• Own an original Gold Victorian Sovereign
• Featuring Victoria in a mourning veil following the death of Prince Albert
• Guaranteed to be over 100 years old
• Struck from solid 22 Carat Gold, ensuring lasting value
• Special tax status – no VAT and no Capital Gains Tax
• Includes an exclusive Luxury Presentation Case
Why I recommend the UK Queen Victoria Old Head Sovereign…
Guaranteed to be over 100 years old, the Queen Victoria Old Head Sovereign is a Classic British gold coin. It’s the last Sovereign struck during the reign of Queen Victoria when the British Empire was at the peak of its power.
The coin's obverse features Victoria in her later years, with a veil incorporated into the design. It is the only time a British monarch has been depicted on our coinage wearing a veil and it’s seen as a reference to the life of mourning Victoria resigned herself to after the death of her husband Albert.
It was a special coin then and it’s a special coin now.
This little piece of history could have crossed the palms of aristocracy, been around the world or been the sole treasure of a family living through Victorian austerity. The stories behind classic coins like this will be fascinating and endless and that’s why they will always be in demand.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
UK Victoria Old Head Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 V964 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Weight: 7.98g
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Issued: 1893 - 1901
- Obverse: Queen Victoria Old Head
- Reverse: St George and the Dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci
- Please note: Specific year cannot be guaranteed