• Scarce Gold Sovereign announced to mark the 50th anniversary of Decimal Day in Britain – 15 February 1971
• The Decimal Day Sovereign has been authorised with an incredibly strict edition limit of just 495 coins
• Identical specifications to the UK Sovereign, but 16 times scarcer
• Struck from 7.98g of solid 22 Carat Gold to a flawless Proof finish
Why I recommend The 50th Anniversary of the Decimal Day Gold Proof Sovereign…
50 years ago, Britain “went decimal”. To mark the day that UK coinage changed forever, this stunning Gold Proof Sovereign has been announced by the Isle of Man and it has been given a remarkably low edition limit…
Struck to the same specifications as the UK Sovereign, but whilst that coin had an edition limit of 7,995 (and still sold out), the Decimal Day Sovereign is limited to just 495 coins. At 16 times scarcer, a sell-out looks assured.
The coin shows the change from pre-decimal to decimal coinage with “20/-” on one side of the date of Decimal Day and “£1” on the other.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
The Decimalisation 22ct Gold Proof Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 X622 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Isle of Man
- Denomination: One Sovereign
- Year of Issue: 2021
- Coin Diameter: 22.05mm
- Coin Weight: 7.98g
- Metal: .916 Gold
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Mike Guilfoyle
- Finish: Proof
- Edition Limit: 495