• An original Victorian Sovereign
• Issued in 1887 – the year of Victoria’s Golden Jubilee
• Struck from almost 8g of solid 22 Carat Gold
• Featuring the same famous George & the Dragon design of today’s Sovereigns
Why I recommend the UK Victoria Golden Jubilee Sovereign…
Well over 100 years old, this Sovereign was issued in 1887 – the year of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee. It features the famous “Jubilee Head” portrait of Victoria that was specially commissioned for her Gold Jubilee. It was actually the shortest-lived portrait of her record-breaking reign, being issued for just seven years.
This little piece of history could have crossed the palms of aristocracy, been around the world or been the sole treasure of a family living through Victorian austerity. The stories behind Classic coins like this are endless and that’s why they will always be in demand, but this Sovereign has the extra appeal of being issue during Victoria’s Golden Jubilee year.
Alex Hanrahan, Managing Consultant
1887 Queen Victoria Sovereign
(+ £7.99 p&p)
185 Y331 0
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 1887
- Country of Issue: UK
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Reverse: St George and the Dragon
- Obverse: Queen Victoria 'Jubilee Head'